Originally posted on August 9, 2022 @ 3:50 pm
A college education, then? Congratulations! You have arrived in a brand new and exciting universe. There’s little doubt that your college years are the most liberating of your life. The freedom to do whatever the hell you want, whenever you want it; freedom from your parents; freedom from homework (kind of); and, most crucially, freedom from responsibilities. To make the most of this newfound independence, why not throw a party in your dorm room with all of your closest new pals? Get your party off to a great start with the aid of this comprehensive guide on throwing a successful dorm gathering, complete with menu suggestions, decorating tips, party activities, playlist suggestions, and more.
Making a list of potential activities for the college apartment party is a good place to start planning.
This is the optimal starting point for any strategy. A college dorm party requires not just a list of ideas, but also a list of things to do before the party, during the party, and after the party. What else do you need to be done during that time? Likewise, jot that down.
One must consider everyone’s thoughts when planning a college dorm party.
Considering everyone’s thoughts and feelings is essential while planning a college dorm party. Everyone should be able to share their thoughts and ideas when making decisions, such as picking a party theme or determining what to eat. Making sure everyone is having a good time is important so that nobody feels left out or overlooked. If you want your party to go off without a hitch, make sure everyone has a good time by getting their feedback before making any final decisions.
Try to win over your RA’s favor.
No matter how much fun a wild party sounds like, you should check with your RA beforehand. Requesting approval is the quickest route to gaining their favor. When in need, just put out a call for assistance. Keep in mind that the RA has authority for a reason, and show them some respect by not breaking the regulations.
Let Your Neighbors Know
If you are throwing a large party, it is courteous to give your neighbors as much advance notice as possible. They shouldn’t be taken aback by the volume or the volume of traffic, and they may even wish they were invited.
Keep in mind the following as you plan your next party: make sure your neighbors have tickets to enter the event, and maybe even throw in some free food and drinks as a thank you for coming. Offer complimentary beverages to the first guests that arrive if you’re having an open bar.
Your company will value it as much as you do.
Put Your Valuables Away!
No one wants to return to a wrecked dorm room where all of their stuff have been stolen. Take these precautions to avoid that happening:
- Collect your valuables and put them out of sight. You should also throw away any food you brought with you (unless those foods are specifically for sharing). The same goes for any booze (if applicable) or other valuables left out in the open in your room. If your guests are polite, you can always let them borrow your belongings, but don’t make it easy for them by leaving them out in plain sight.
- You should hide your valuables in places that no one would ever think to look. Perhaps some things could be stored at the very back of drawers or under beds (if possible). If you don’t have enough drawer space, consider stowing your belongings in a closet or bookcase, provided that they are out of sight yet easy to retrieve in the event of a sudden evacuation, such as in the case of a fire.
When planning a college dorm party, the quantity of guests is the most important factor to consider.
When planning a college dorm party, the quantity of guests is the most important factor to consider. There are a lot of details to think about before throwing a party, such as the amount of room you have, the cost of food and alcohol, and the availability of games and decorations.
Your event’s successful logistics planning might be aided by having a head count of expected attendees. It doesn’t matter if you use a pen and paper or an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of your data.
Themes for a College Dorm Party
All successful parties share a common element: a central theme. It doesn’t matter how elaborate or basic your contribution is, the celebration will be better for it. There is no hard and fast rule on whether or not to have individual room themes or a single, overarching theme for the entire dorm.
Themes that may be explored include the following:
- Film or television programme that you enjoy the most
- There is one certain time of year (Winter Wonderland, Back to School Bash)
- Words from a song (“Let’s Get Ready To Rhumble!”).
Foods & Drinks for a College Party
When organising a party in your college dorm room, there are a few details that demand special attention. Make sure you have enough food and drinks for everyone who will be attending the event. There should be a wide selection of snacks, both sweet and savoury, healthy and naughty, available at all times. There will be plenty of spills on the floor as it is, so please refrain from serving anything too messy. It’s worth keeping in mind that pizza is a kid-friendly staple.
Last but not least, acquire plastic cups in bulk from Amazon or another internet retailer to ensure that your special guests may drink in comfort.
What kinds of activities can you plan for a college party in a dorm room?
At any decent college shindig, games are a must. They allow people to unwind and have fun while also providing a healthy dose of healthy competition. Fun and interactive games that can be played with a large group of people, but also by smaller groups of people, are the finest games (like 2 or 3).
Excellent suggestions are as follows:
Game of Last Resort
Gameplay entails players standing in front of a set of chairs that have been turned on end and arranged in a circle behind them. To play, players toss bean bags onto the chairs without actually moving or dropping any of them. Adding regulations such as only being able to use one hand at a time or having participants stand closer together to decrease the distance between chairs in which the bean bags can land is a good way to up the ante and make the game more challenging.
Create a Killer Playlist on Spotify
Having good tunes on hand is a must if you’re throwing a party. Your choice of music for the party can make or break the atmosphere. A playlist can make or break your Spotify experience, so here are some ways to make it rock:
- Avoid including songs with potentially offensive lyrics by screening them in advance.
- Choose upbeat music that fits your topic and gets people moving. Create multiple playlists with varying topics and let listeners pick their favourites. If you find that you can’t do that, try basing your playlist around a single concept and sprinkling in music from several genres. Be happy and lighthearted with it.
- Before your friends show up at your dorm room door, it is crucial that you ensure they have learned all of the lyrics by heart.
When planning a college dorm party, it’s important to give careful consideration to every detail in order to avoid any unwelcome surprises.
It is crucial to plan out each detail of your college dorm party in advance. You can avoid stress and hassle at the last minute by doing this.
Moreover, it will help you save both time and money while guaranteeing that everything happens as planned. Having a plan also makes it simpler for your friends to join you, as they’ll know just what supplies they should pack. This might significantly simplify their daily routines.
In addition, if everyone is on the same page about their responsibilities at each stage of the party’s preparation, then nobody will waste time wondering about whether or not anything has been forgotten or misplaced, and more time will be available for fun.
The Best College Party Games and Ideas
It’s important to plan the correct games and activities for your college dorm party to make sure everyone has a good time. Several of our top picks are as follows:
- Beer pong, a party staple, requires no preparation. Two tables, some cups, and you’re set (preferably plastic or paper). You may even construct your own table out of two chairs by utilising them as legs.
- If you want to spice up your game, use ping pong balls instead of regular ones. In this way, no one has to stand around with a ball while waiting for their turn. It is recommended that players use the term “ping!” in place of “pong!” while addressing one another. It’s like beer pong, but with more action and excitement!
- When it’s a night where students aren’t allowed back on campus after 10 p.m., it’s a good idea to get some LED glow sticks from Amazon and use them as drinking markers.
- or when intoxication makes it impossible for them to locate their own home (no judgement here). These drink indicators are stable, which is great because nobody likes it when there are empty glasses lying around.
An Extremely Fun Drinking Game I Bet You’ve Never Played Before
You can’t go wrong with the classic drinking game Never Have I Ever at any college or university gathering. Each player takes turns choosing a topic and answering “yes” or “no” to whether or not they’ve committed the action in question. For this game, the first person to claim responsibility for anything they haven’t done must drink.
The rules of Never Have I Ever need to be discussed first. A group of people are drinking in a circle (we recommend wine). For this game, each participant begins with “Never have I ever…” and then lists an action they’d like the rest of the group to perform. Then, everyone takes it in turns acknowledging whether or not they’ve done this previously; if they have, they have to drink from their glass. Instead of just saying yes or no, you may spice things up by having participants finish each other’s sentences. Anyone who mistakenly completes another player’s sentence must drink and face the predetermined punishment. That manner, expectations can be set accordingly.
for the sake of safety, to ensure that nobody is harmed
Spin The Bottle
- Make sure everyone knows how to play the game and any special rules that may apply before you begin. Determining the maximum number of players is also recommended.
- The length of time it takes to play depends on the number of participants; the more there are, the longer it takes because each person must make at least one spin before they can kiss anyone else (or not).
- Water and flavouring, such as juice or Kool-Aid, should be placed in two strong glasses or bottles (empty soda bottles work nicely). In order to avoid everything from tipping over too rapidly, you should spin the bottles with one hand while hanging onto one end of a rope with the other.
Tips for Decorating a College Party
It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to host a party in your dorm room, whether you’re a sophomore or a senior. And if you pull it off well, it will be one of the best nights of your life. Many would have you believe that hosting your own college house party is a monumental task, and in some ways it is, but there are ways to streamline the process and increase your level of enjoyment. Suggestions are as follows:
Decorate! Balloons, streamers, and posters are all great inexpensive options for party decor. Use balloons as fake curtains by suspending them from the ceiling or draping them over pieces of furniture (this will help you feel less claustrophobic). You can divide up a small room into several smaller ones by hanging streamers along walls or across entrances. This will serve two purposes: it will help people find their way about, and it will make the rooms seem larger than they actually are. Posters won’t break the bank, so plaster the walls with them to keep everyone in the loop. Since high school memories will be lost to you forever once you graduate, you should probably decorate with pictures from your four years there.
Dorm room decor doesn’t get more entertaining than a Shitshow Tapestry. It’s simple to sew and works well as both a wall hanging and a tablecloth. It’s a great way to have some nostalgic fun while you’re away at school.
This is how:
- Solicit your loved ones for their outgrown or otherwise unwearable but nonetheless emotionally significant clothing.
- First, choose the final size of your tapestry by cutting the fabric into 8- to 10-inch squares (you may need more than one person for this part).
- Start by laying out your pieces on the floor and using simple knots to sew them together; a lack of neatness is fine because no one will be looking. You can now hang it up once you’ve finished sewing all the parts together (loose ends are fine).
You may feel nervous about hosting your first college party, but with some preparation and a positive outlook, it will be a blast! You should, however, pick up after yourself and not lose your room key.
Check Also: 900+ Best Cool Usernames Ideas for Instagram (Updated 2022)