Originally posted on June 2, 2022 @ 10:55 am
Hot Cheetos are notoriously difficult to remove from hands due to the use of highly pigmented food colouring. However, even though food colouring is typically strong and can easily discolour clothing and other items of furniture and carpet, it is safe to use. Hot Cheeto stains can ruin any light-colored clothing. The stains are notoriously difficult to remove because the powder sets so quickly.
The method for cleaning up a brightly coloured hot Cheeto mess on your carpet or furniture is the same every time. Take care not to stretch the fabric out of shape, as this can lead to issues in the future.
To remove the hot Cheeto stain from your hands, baking soda is an excellent choice. After rinsing your hands, apply baking soda to the spots that need it. You should remember that baking soda has both exfoliating and bleaching properties.
Fortunately, removing the spots is a simple process that can be accomplished with common household laundry supplies. Because food dyes and food colorings evaporate quickly, proper cleaning is essential for easy removal.
After eating a bag of Hot Cheetos, your fingers will turn a reddish orange colour. Hot Cheetos can leave ugly marks on your fingers.
You can also use rubbing alcohol.
Even though hydrogen peroxide is merely a mild bleach, it should help lighten the stain if it persists. Use soap and water to clean up.
How to remove Hot Cheeto stains from fingers
As soon as you start eating your favourite hot Cheetos, your fingers start to look different. If you eat too many hot cheetos, your skin will turn an ugly orange-red colour.
These stains are particularly difficult to remove due to the colour of the cloth they’re on. This is why it’s so important to exercise caution when you eat your favourite foods.
To get rid of Cheeto stains from your fingers, you can be extra cautious and use some of these tricks.
- After eating a Hot Cheeto, the first thing you should do is wet your fingers. You should also wash your hands thoroughly with water. Afterwards, simply wash your hands with warm water and soap to remove any remaining Cheetos.
- Baking soda can now be applied to your hands and fingers. Applying this substance gives it a good effect as an effective finger and hand exfoliator. However, make sure you don’t hold on to it for too long. Check to see if your skin can handle it.
- If you don’t have access to or prefer not to use baking soda, you can also clean your hands with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. Nail polish remover, while effective, can leave your skin feeling tight and uncomfortable.
- Applying hydrogen peroxide is another great option. Use it on your fingers or hands to disinfect them, or use it as a mild bleach to clean your surfaces. This product may not be suitable for your skin type. Let the product sit on your hands for a few minutes before massaging them in a circular motion.
- The stain will gradually fade away with repeated scrubbing. Using soap and water, wash your hands thoroughly.
- After washing, dry your hands with a towel.
- Baking soda can also be used to remove hot Cheeto stains from your hands. After you’ve soaked your fingers or hands in water to remove the Cheeto stain, sprinkle some baking soda on top.
Steps to remove Hot Cheeto stains on fabrics
Those who eat Cheetos as a snack know that sometimes they can end up on their clothing. When this happens, it’s critical to take immediate action. Remove stains caused by Hot Cheetos by following these instructions.
- To remove the stain from the fabric, wet the left side of the cloth and place it over the stained area. Before baking, remove any remaining dough from the bowl.
- Once the garment has been rinsed, apply a stain remover to the stain or a heavy-duty liquid cleaner that contains enzymes to break down stains. Your fingers or a soft-bristled brush can be used to remove the stain. Wash your clothes as usual after letting it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare the solution by mixing an oxygen-based bleach with cool water if the hot Cheeto stain persists.
- Take heed of the package’s directions and you’ll be fine. Allow the garment to soak for up to eight hours.
- Afterwards, wash the garment as normal. Make a new solution of oxygen bleach and water and repeat the process if the stain persists. The stain will eventually disappear, but it may take a few soaks to do so completely.
How to Get Cheetos Out of Clothes
Consider the consequences of a cheeto-induced stain on your clothing. It’s a complete mess. Because of the colour in it, it also stains easily.
The sooner you remove stains, the better off you’ll be. In addition, you should exercise extra caution when working with light-colored fabrics.
As soon as the fabric yellows, know the method and apply it as soon as possible. Take a look at the method in detail.
Stains can be difficult to remove, but you need to act quickly. When the fabric begins to turn yellow, wet a sponge with cold water to remove the yellowing.
Remove as much cheeto as possible from the cloth. To get better results, keep going back to the same steps.
A cleaning paste can now be made in Step 2. Add 1/4 cup chlorine bleach to a quart of cold water, and stir well. The solution is ready to use when these two are combined.
Afterward, rinse the cloth and hang it out to dry for at least 30 minutes. After soaking, simply rinse it off with water. then wring it out and allow to dry naturally.
Use any stain remover if the solution fails to remove all of the stain from the fabric. Let it sit for a few minutes before using it on the stain.
Rinse and dry as normal after that. Stains will be easier to remove as a result of this.
How to remove Cheeto stains from carpet?
Because Cheetos are so sticky, they can leave unsightly marks on any surface they touch. The orange powder appears to be nearly impossible to remove from the carpet once it has hit it. Fortunately, a variety of products are available to help you get rid of those pesky Cheetos stains.
- The solution can be made by adding some soap or mild detergent to a bucket full of water.
- Using a spray bottle, mist the stain with the solution.
- Take your time and allow it to work its magic on the stain.
- Remove the stain by blotting it with a clean cloth. The orange stain should be visible on the fabric. Continue to absorb and move on to a new piece of fabric at the same time.
- Adding more solution and blotting until the colour doesn’t transfer or the stain is completely removed is an option.
- Blot the stain with water and mild soap if it persists.
- Use fresh water to thoroughly clean the area.
- Use a dry towel to blot up any remaining moisture.
- Allow enough time for the area to air dry completely.
How to Get Rid of Cheeto Stains with the Help of the Experts
- You can use hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol instead of bleach.
- Don’t rub the stain, just wet it. This is due to the fact that stains can be moved around.
- Use dryers sparingly, if at all possible.
- Sun drying would be a better option than using a dryer.
- Gloves should always be worn when working with chemicals or bleach.